Happy Pride Month from Your Friends at Agnes Scott College
As we head into June, it’s Pride Month across the United States! We at Agnes Scott Admission want to wish all of our LGBTQIA+ students, faculty, staff and prospective students a Happy Pride from all of us.
If you are a prospective student who is interested in what being an LGBTQIA+ student is like on campus, we wanted to give you a few glimpses of life on campus during October, which is the state of Georgia’s personal Pride Month and when our campus organizations celebrate. Our community celebrated with events like:
- An afternoon tea and storytime with Miss Terra Cotta Sugarbaker, hosted by McCain Library
- A Pride Month Kickoff with lunch, music and fun hosted by Adore (student org for LGBTQIA+ people of color)
- Queerceañera, a celebration of National Coming Out Day and Latinx Heritage Month by Adore and Latines Unides
- A Think Live Engage Conversation on “The Power of Storytelling and Community in the LGBTQIA+ World and Beyond” hosted by Nikita Burks-Hale and the Center for Global Diversity and Inclusion
- The Lavender Scare Drag Show, hosted by Adore, with performers Southern Fried Queer Pride